Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sultan Mahmud Syah I Tomb



Vacation Star | Sultan Mahmud Syah I Tomb | Sultan Mahmud Syah I Tomb found in Pekan Tua Village. In history, Sultan Mahmud Syah I was the 8th and the last King of Malacca (1488-1511), whereas in history, he is the first King of Johor (1511-1528).

 

In Johor history book written by H. Buyong bin Adil explained that after Malacca was defeated by the Portuguese in 1511, Sultan Mahmud Syah I and his son Sultan Ahmad Syan along with his faithful followers to resign and make a defense to fend off and attack the Portuguese. 


In September 1527, Sultan Mahmud Syah I with children, wife and the people in his kingdom settled in Kampar country (Pekan Tua), in Kampar the king occupied the Palace of origin owned by the brother of the late Majesty Sultan Munawar Syah. Sultan Mahmud Syah I was a brave warrior, his spirit is not broken until die against Portuguese imperialism. He died in 1528 and was buried in Pekan Tua Village.

1 comment: